Sunday, July 15, 2007

The day of rest; pretty much my fav.

So for all of you interested, I did get a backpack yesterday for 18$. I'm pretty excited because it probably would've been 60 in the US. It'll fit all my luggage in there quite nicely and I can take it to college and any other trips I may have in the future. (:

Today has been a rather peaceful day. We got directions to the only branch here in Siem Reap and after a little wandering, found it along a dirt road near the main street. I'd have to say that my favorite activities so far in Cambodia have been attending church. It's such a comfort to me, to meet with others who have the same beliefs even though they live across the other side of the world! The members here are so kind and hopeful. We were talking with the senior Sister Missionary about how the recent history in Cambodia must have been so trying for everyone here, but the members have found a hope in a church completely separate from their ancestors' Bhuddist practices. It's really been an amazing spiritual experience to see the works of Christ progress and reach His children here in the little branch of Siem Reap, Cambodia.

So we've got plans to eat with the senior missionary couple at a pizza place this Thursday, but Tonya and I may go and drop in on the English class they teach at the church building on Tuesday. I'm excited to see how they teach English out here with not a bit of Cambodian tongue in them. The senior couple's actually from Alabama, so I can't imagine how their accent must sound and make things convoluted here with the natives. (:

Other than that, not much is going on here right now. We're still trying to reach the NGO company Tonya's working with. Communications has been a little mismatched and we're still not exactly sure what we're doing tomorrow, but hopefully we will have something to do!

So how about I let you all go off and live your 14-hour-behind schedules while I maybe go and take a Sunday nap? I love all of you and hope you're doing well and I'll be back again soon!

-Whitney

PS- I'm sorry there aren't any pictures, but posting them just takes too darn long, so I'll put some up later, I promise!

3 comments:

Hannah Schaus said...

Whit!
I am so glad you are having a good time. I miss you tons and so does everyone else back in old Oregon. I am very excited for you to come home, but then you are just going to leave off to college. Bummer. What an amazing experience you must be having. :) Continue to enjoy yourself Whitney, alright?
Lots of love!
Hannah

abo-bder said...

.

abo-bder said...


تركيب كاميرات مراقبة بالرياض
فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض
فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض
فني تركيب وبرمجة الدش بالرياض
شركة قص اشجار بالرياض